Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Cockatiel and the Love Birds

One night I had a dream of a Cockatiel and two Love Birds

I was inside my house in the living room with the lights on. The time must have been six o' clock in the afternoon because the sky was blue indicating that the sun had just set. I was by my pet Cockatiels cage. I was watching him to see what he was doing. He was beutiful. His wings were long and he was in full plumage. He was playing hapily in his cage. I hadn't cut his wings because I thought of it as demeaning, and also hard because it really is hard to trim a birds wings because they are always nervouse.
Then I decided to walk away and do something else. Somehow the Cockatiel got out of his cage. I tried to get him back in but it was too late. Somehow he got outside by passing the living room patio screen door. I assumed it was slightly opened a peak. I decided to run out there in the backyard to go and catch him. Meanwhile awful thoughts were racing in my mind, "What if he doesn't know where to look for food, what if he gets eaten by a cat, or what if he aims wanderously until he dies." I was afraid he may never servive in the "real world" without a humans help because he has been in captivity his whole life.
As I ran outside I started looking in the bushes calling his name (which is something I forgot at this moment). It started to get darker so I started to feel for him as my hands brushed the bushes. All of a sudden, I heard rustling noises in the bushes. I decided to take off my hat and get ready to catch him in it. I couldn't really see what was going on in the bushes, all I heard was a fluttering. So I grabbed one of the bushes limbs by cupping my hand on one side and holding my hat in another to catch it. I did it fast then opened my hand a bit to see if he was in there, but all I saw was two little black eyes shinning at me. I walked carefully into the house to see if it was him but instead saw two lovebirds in the hat instead.
I then decided to take the hat and put it on a stool in the livingroom to get a better look at them. They were cute all cuddled up close to one another, then took one out. One had a broken wing, so I decided to put him back in the hat. Then I picked up the other, and she had one eye with both wings torn out. But one thing I noticed the most was that the one bird with a broken wing had his wings clipped. When I saw this I realized that they might have belonged to my neighbor so I carefully put them both in my Cockatiels cage. As I walked away I thought to myself, "Who could have done such a thing."
Two days passed by and I didn't hear from anyone who's birds they were. I glanced at the neighbor through the kitchen window to see if they were home. I got a call from the police, they said someone had accused me of animal cruelty and that they were comming over to arrest me. I thought, "Who in the right mind would call the police on me for that." And then I woke up.

No comments: