Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thunder Mountain

I dreampt about a thundering canyon

I was in the car one afternoon with a man. I didn't know who he was yet. We were going to drive to the brown, hilly mountains to pick someone up. There was a weather report on the area where a prediction of a possibly bad storm was about to accur right where we were going. Although I knew this, we still went anyway. I assume it was my idea to go because I am spontaniouse like that and I do love road trips, especially in the mountains.

We continued to drive even though we saw clouds hoovering over the mountainouse range. As we got deeper and deeper into the brown canyon I began to worry a bit because I saw white misty fog beggining to settle on top of one of the hills we just passed. The road began to get twisty and turny as we began to wind our way deeper and deeper into the canyon. The road was empty which made me feel even more regretful of this trip. There was no civilization anywhere other than this one, one storied house on the bottom of the mountain. As we continued to drive through the sharp turns up the mountain I looked over to the driver's seat to see my own dad at the wheel. We must have been driving somewhere to pick up my sister or brother.

As we drove the light gray clouds almost entirely covered the sky and it bagan to drizzle. He kept driving up and up the hills with no fear. I however was scared now. We kept driving and it kept drizzling. Then the clouds began to get grayer and greyer the higher we went up and around. I could now hear thunder. He still kept driving anyway. Then I decided to look at the back seat and "Boom" my whole family was suddenly in the car now, and I was in the back seat sitting by the window on the right.

We now began our journey down, which was not going to be easy. It now began thundering and raining hard. The clouds began to get darker and darker as if they were angry at us. They even began to get lower, as if they were trying to eat us and electricute us. We kept driving anyway. My dad was calm, I was ready to cry because I thought for shure a lightning bolt was gonna hit us or we were going to slip and crash. But he kept going through those twisty and turny roads all the way down the mountain. Every thing got foggy now and it was hard to see. Then suddenly we drove into a spot where it wasnt so bad and the clouds began to lift and we were out of the canyon.

As we left the canyon, the clouds began to lift more and more as we drove out of the stormy place. When we finnally got out of the canyon I could see the sky again as red, yellow, and brown rays began to shoot at the earth as the sun was about to set. I then thought to myself, "Yay, we are out of the storm and going home!" Just then the road made a dramatic turn and I was back in the direction of that dreadful canyon. I then noticed I was not the passenger, and that I was all alone this time. I then began to drive back through the canyon with more confidence, as I drove up and around it I could see my mother driving a car around a hill on the lower part of the canyon. She was driving up too, but for some reason I could not figure out why.

I figure the dream means that I will go through trials in my life, but eventually live through them. As I start moving away from my parents I will begin to get stronger with the lesons they tought me.

No comments: