Friday, February 22, 2008

Memories i hope to never forget II

My brothers:
I remember when my brother graduated from boot-camp at camp Penalton in San Diego and became a marine. When we saw all the men (no longer boys) standing in front of us as we stared down at them on the benches it was hard to tell who was who because they all had the same expression on their faces. Even then it was hard to see their faces because their hats sat low on their heads as they stood very still in the sun while the Sargent was talking to us on the microphone.

I also remember the expression on my younger brother's face when he was looking back at the group of soldiers. He had tears of joy in his eyes just as well as almost everybody else did in the audience. I never thought my younger brother could take a serious moment until now-normally he laughs or makes a joke out of something.

My Artistic accomplishments:
I remember my first public mural. Me and my friends at Norco High decided to paint a mural of New York after the attack on the Twin Towers. We used pictures of magazines to help us paint the huge picture. Even now I bet it is still there in that same hallway by the library.

I remember the first art award I got from school. I was in elementary school when they were having a contest. I turned in a drawing of all sorts of fish in the ocean and won. I will never forget what a lady said to me when she saw me. She told me she thought the different fish to her symbolized all the different kinds of people, ethnicities, and cultures in the world. I just thought fish were beutiful and that was it. It was then that I figured out why people liked art-because it either reminds them of interesting themes or because it sooths the mind and speaks to their heart...or something like that.

My first pet:
My first dog wasn't really my dog, it was my grandmothers' dog. Her name was Lady and she was a Cocker Spaniel. When I was seven is when my grandmother had her. I used to play hide and seek with her.

No comments: