Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pets or Raisonettes? III

As I grew into adulthood my taste in pets became more ordinary...

I had a beta fish that I got from our garage sale me and my mom bought to sell. No one bought him so I just kept him. He had beutiful ruby red colors all over his body. He was a beutiful fish. I kept him in my room and named him Homer. I originally wasn't going to name him at all but Homer just sounded funny. I had him for three years then he died when he got a small fin disease, mainly because of old age. It was weired; when he got older the color in his fins began to fade and become dull. At least he lived a good long life. Then I got another Beta that lived for a year until my mom asked to take him to work with her. After that one day.... he died. I guess she didn't know you had to clean the bowl every week!

After that I decided to get a hermit crab that lived only a week! My gosh are they weired looking. My mom thought I was crazy for getting something ugly like that. I didn't think it was ugly, I thought it was neat because they live in a shell that they could get out of when they get bigger. The one I got was purple (cool!) and I thought it was kinda funny looking how he walked sideways wherever you laid him. I named him Hermes. I also thought it was funny how my weiner dog (Dachshund) would bark in terror whenever Hermes would crawl on the floor ( my dog was mortified!). Then one night I guess he slept the wrong way and died. I guess I shouldn't have put all those rocks in the aquarium and should have put just sand in like the lady said. Hermit crabs cannot live upside down on their shell.

My last but not least pet that deceased was a miniature horse named Matilda. It wasn't originally mine, it was my friends' friends' ex-girlfriends' pony. I adopted her because she was cute. She suffered from an inner gut problem due to her miscariege a few years earlier. I came over to the ranch almost every day to brush her and cut her hair. She was so cute after I did her hair in braids for the 4th of July! Sometimes I would even jog with her around the neighborhood. She was a weired pony because she didn't really like people in general; when ever I or my friend would come near her she would walk away. She kinda reminded me of Eore becaue she was always down. Then one day I had to go on a road trip. When I came back my friend told me she died. I asked how and he told me while he was getting his garage sale ready she must have laid on her side to rest, causing her to suffocate to death (Horses aren't supposed to lay on their sides very long or the waight of their own bodies will suffocate them). I still miss Mo Mo (Matilda). My friend said that the pet doctor said he was surprised she lived so long due to her messed up insides, so technically it was no ones' fault. As a mamento of her I drew a picture of her for my Fundamentals of Design class in college (AI) during my first quarter in 2007.

No comments: