Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Miss Family

This is my first time living without my parents. In August, I believe, is when I actually moved out and into a three bedroom house with my 80 year old grandmother. I like it because it is peacful and quiet, but a lot of times I miss the commotion of my old home.
I miss my brother playing his guitar.
I miss my mom arguing with me and scolding me when I come home late.
I miss my old room, because it was nice and big. The room I have now is sorta small.
I miss my dad playing on the piano. I especially liked it when he played that song from Maverick, "The Entertainer."
I miss their two pet Dachshunds, Oscar (a miniature) and Felix (normal size). Weinny dogs are soo cute because they have long bodies with stubby little legs so when they fall down stairs or as they run too fast they tend to roll sideways like a hot dog. The two dogs my parents have are completely brown so they definately look like hot dogs! I miss when my family would buy food once a week from McDonnalds and we would eat together in the dinning room because my mom hated cooking. I miss the big screen television in our living room. It was so clear. One of the most weirdest things of all is the fact that I miss my mom waking me up every Saturday and Sunday morning at around 9:00 am. She would either wake me up by playing the music on her stario downstairs really loud or she would show up in my room and say, "It's almost noon Anita, wake up," and then I would wake up and look at the clock and it would only be nine o' clock in the morning. Sometimes my dog Oscar would wake me up and I would always suspect she was the one who put him up to it. He would go in my room and gently scratch the side of my bed. I would feel my bed vibrating and would eventually wake up. After that I would pick him up and bring him up on my bed and he would lick me to death, then jump down and go downstairs again. He was so unbelievably cute. Well I am grateful that at least I live only two blocks away from my parents home, so I could go and visit them whenever I miss them. But for now I have to prove to them that I can live on my own.

No comments: